Translate

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Offensive Zombies??

Hey BZF babes, this week we are going to talk about a rather sensitive subject, no I’m not talking about Justin Bieber’s attempt at ‘drag racing’ rather an age old debate about kids and violence in the media.  ‘Why so serious Mr Vitamin G’ I hear you all say, well, the BZF team recently came across a little indie project called Kids Vs Zombies!



So the premise for this film which begins shooting this side of 2014 describes itself as follows: “A young brother and sister work together to outwit a barrage of peculiar zombies, rescue their mom and save the town”.  Instantly my mind is taken back to the 90’s when Macaulay Culkin was home alone and messed up a few small time crooks with a series of elaborate and painful traps.
Some might argue that Home Alone sends the wrong message to kids about how to respond to a home invasion, others would say it’s a movie and it is the role of the parents to teach their kids what to do in an emergency, my dad would say who is Macaulay Culkin?  Frankly, if zombies decided to rock up at a kid’s playground, I would want my child to be able to respond accordingly and kick some zombie ass, so I hope Kids Vs Zombies takes that idea on board and presents the audience with child focused survival tips as well as some laughs along the way.
Another project with slightly similar themes is a film from the producers of Saw and Paranormal Activity called Cooties!  Now everybody loves a good dose of girls and boys germs but imagine a virus that rips through a primary school turning little kiddies into flesh hungry zombies – HELL YEAH!!  I’m sure more than a few of you wanted to see a not so favourite teacher pinned against the wall with blood hungry little monsters out for revenge!!
 
I have to say I’m looking forward to both of these projects and I’m always more than happy to venture into the wacky and unbelievable.  Will these movies offend people, probably a few, will my nephews and nieces be better off in the apocalypse if I include this as essential holiday viewing, damn right they will!!

Bite you later

Mr Vitamin G

No comments:

Post a Comment